Do your applications use this vulnerable package?
In a few clicks we can analyze your entire application and see what components are vulnerable in your application, and suggest you quick fixes.Test your applications
- Snyk ID SNYK-SLES152-GRUB2-2707125
- published 14 Apr 2022
- disclosed 29 Jul 2020
Introduced: 29 Jul 2020CVE-2020-14310 Open this link in a new tab
How to fix?
grub2 to version 2.04-9.7.1 or higher.
Note: Versions mentioned in the description apply only to the upstream
grub2 package and not the
grub2 package as distributed by
How to fix? for
SLES:15.2 relevant fixed versions and status.
There is an issue on grub2 before version 2.06 at function read_section_as_string(). It expects a font name to be at max UINT32_MAX - 1 length in bytes but it doesn't verify it before proceed with buffer allocation to read the value from the font value. An attacker may leverage that by crafting a malicious font file which has a name with UINT32_MAX, leading to read_section_as_string() to an arithmetic overflow, zero-sized allocation and further heap-based buffer overflow.
- E-Mail link for SUSE-SU-2020:2074-1
- Link for SUSE-SU-2020:2074-1
- SUSE Bug 1168994
- SUSE Bug 1173812
- SUSE Bug 1174463
- SUSE Bug 1174570
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-10713 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14308 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14309 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14310 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14311 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-15706 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-15707 page
- SUSE Security Ratings