Do your applications use this vulnerable package?
In a few clicks we can analyze your entire application and see what components are vulnerable in your application, and suggest you quick fixes.Test your applications
- Snyk ID SNYK-SLES152-GRUB2X8664EFI-2706831
- published 14 Apr 2022
- disclosed 29 Jul 2020
How to fix?
grub2-x86_64-efi to version 2.04-9.7.1 or higher.
Note: Versions mentioned in the description apply only to the upstream
grub2-x86_64-efi package and not the
grub2-x86_64-efi package as distributed by
How to fix? for
SLES:15.2 relevant fixed versions and status.
There's an issue with grub2 in all versions before 2.06 when handling squashfs filesystems containing a symbolic link with name length of UINT32 bytes in size. The name size leads to an arithmetic overflow leading to a zero-size allocation further causing a heap-based buffer overflow with attacker controlled data.
- E-Mail link for SUSE-SU-2020:2074-1
- Link for SUSE-SU-2020:2074-1
- SUSE Bug 1168994
- SUSE Bug 1173812
- SUSE Bug 1174463
- SUSE Bug 1174570
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-10713 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14308 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14309 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14310 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-14311 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-15706 page
- SUSE CVE CVE-2020-15707 page
- SUSE Security Ratings